Hananiel's Enterprise Chronicles

Agility through patterns in .Net Development

Friday, December 09, 2005

The Primary Microsoft Content Management Server Entry Point can not be found

I was trying to set up a toplevel CMS channel to be accessed as a root URL and half way I wanted to start over. So I deleted it. Next time I launch SCA I got:

"The Primary Microsoft Content Management Server Entry Point can not be found"

Fortunately this KB article deals witht he problem : http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_Q328449.aspx

The steps needed were :
1. Recreate the website in IIS
2. Manually create the virtual directories NR (Points to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Content Management Server\Server\IIS_NR

3. Recreate exeres, and ReadonlyRes inside this folder
4. To figure out the IIS Instance IDs, run adsutil.vbs ENUM_ALL /P
5. Stick this into your registry as described in the KB

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hananiel, I am very poud of you and I can't wait to mary you!
Rachel

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home